This job description reflects TEAMWRKX’s assignment of essential functions but does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time for reasonable accommodations or any other reason.
- Lead all phases of a construction project including sales, preconstruction, construction, and project close-out.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity.
- Lead projects to ensure cost, schedule, quality, and Owner satisfaction expectations are met.
- Exercise independent judgment related to day-to-day administration of projects.
- Mentor/manage Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Administrators.
- This position will be required to work out of TEAMWRKX’ San Jose office with projects throughout the Bay Area.
- Manage risk on projects and report any risks and risk mitigation strategies to Management.
- Lead TEAMWRKX’ preconstruction efforts on project opportunities.
- Provide constructability reviews of drawings and coordinate input from other team members as appropriate.
- Develop preliminary preconstruction schedules.
- Develop Subcontractor bid list, bid scopes, and manage bid and proposal process.
- Review prime contract and ensure specific contractual terms are included in Subcontract bid documents.
- On Design-Build assignments, engage and lead design team through Preliminary Design/Basis of Design, Permit Documents, and Construction Document preparation.
- On GC & Fee opportunities, determine GC’s, Fee and Insurance as well as preconstruction and construction strategy and planning necessary to succeed on competitive proposals.
- Chair weekly Owner-Architect-Contractor (OAC) Meetings.
- Chair Weekly Subcontractor Coordination Meetings in conjunction with Superintendent.
- Oversee project logs (RFI’s, Submittals, Long-Lead) and review with project team on a weekly basis.
- Monitor and review weekly labor and cost reports with project team.
- Prepare project cost forecasts on an ongoing basis.
- Price Owner change orders and submit to Owner in a timely manner.
- Validate and process Subcontractor change orders in a timely manner.
- Approve monthly Subcontractor and Vendor Applications for Payment.
- Update project schedules with input from Superintendent on no less than a bi-weekly basis.
- Review job status, logs, cost forecast, and schedule with Management on a monthly basis.
- Walk jobsite on no less than on a weekly basis. Review quality of work installed with Superintendent to ensure as minimal a Punch List as possible.
- Assist Superintendent in resolution of all critical field issues.
- Maintain close relations with Owners, Architects, Design Professionals, Project Managers, Property Managers, Building Engineers and Subcontractors.
- Complete and implement project closeout checklist.
- Manage Punch List close-out.
- Prepare final progress and retention billings in a timely manner.
- Issue final subcontract change orders and update final cost report.
- Manage closeout documents for submission to Owner.
- Schedule and run post project review with team members.
- Minimum 10 years commercial construction experience, including at least 7 years as a Project Manager on tenant improvement and/or life sciences projects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising Project Teams, including Superintendents and support staff
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on projects specifically in the Northern California Bay area.
- A degree or diploma in Engineering or Construction Management would be a benefit.
- Extensive experience with tenant improvement and life sciences projects is a prerequisite. Additional experience with Data Centers, Building Infrastructure, and/or Healthcare/OSHPD would be a benefit.
- Thorough understanding of architectural, structural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fire life safety, and fire protection systems associated with construction activities.
- Extensive estimating knowledge and experience.
- Experience selling their own work.
- Must comply with the company policy of having a current valid driver’s license and OSHA 30 Certification
- Excellent time management skills and detail oriented
- Proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written, and graphic form.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information and in proactively finding solutions for construction projects.
- Ability to read Architectural/Engineering plans and specifications.
- Proficient with Procore, MS Project, and other MS Office applications.
The starting base pay for this position has a salary range of $160,000 to $225,000. * The actual salary offer will be carefully considered based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for health, disability, life, dental, vision along with retirement plans.
*Please note that the full base pay range for incumbent employees in this position can be expected to fall between $160,000 to $225,000. New hires joining TEAMWRKX tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay overtime based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company/industry-specific knowledge.