This job description reflects TEAMWRKX Construction’s assignment of essential functions but does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time for reasonable accommodations or any other reason.
- Lead all preconstruction phases of project up until turnover to the Project Manager.
- Lead Preconstruction/Estimating Department for TEAMWRKX.
- Through preconstruction planning, mitigate financial and operational risks to company associated with project activity.
- The Preconstruction Manager is responsible for all preconstruction activities which shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Work in conjunction with Sales to identify and advance sales pursuits.
- Work collaboratively with clients and potential clients on project opportunities.
- Qualify project opportunities.
Request for Proposals (RFPs):
- Manage the Request for Proposal (RFP) and TXC Proposal process and prepare “Proposal Strategy/Plans” and timing for TXCs proposal submissions.
- Lead/participate in “Data Mining” pursuits.
- Develop “Win Strategies” on Proposal opportunities.
- Lead “Pitch Prep” meetings on Proposal opportunities.
- Develop preliminary project schedules for inclusion in Proposals and validate with General Superintendent and subtrade market prior to finalization in Proposal.
- Develop Project Logistics Plans (i.e., material handling plans, staging plans, etc.).
- Walk job site to look for potential risk items to be addressed in Proposal.
- Prepare Proposal narratives, exceptions and qualifications documents.
- Arrange pre-Proposal meetings with Owner to look for “Implied Needs” or any other Owner information or requirements that could give TXC an advantage in bidding.
- Prepare “Competitor Analysis”
- Review proposed Prime Contract (in conjunction with TXC Principle) and RFP for risk identification and implementation of risk mitigation strategies, and ensure all items are addressed in TXC Proposal.
- Develop Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) budgets for inclusion in Proposals as required (Note: Precon Mgr is required to be able to do their own estimating and should be able to do their own ROMs without having to rely on Subtrade market for pricing with the possible exception of unit price validation).
- Develop General Conditions, Insurance and Fee pricing (based on an analysis of competitors) on GC&Fee Assignments. Determine financial strategies to leverage up fees on these assignments.
- Bid Process:
- Manage Bid process and develop Stipulated Sum pricing for hard bid opportunities.
- Develop Subcontractor bid list, bid scopes, and manage bid and proposal process.
- Review Subcontractor bids for any missing scope items, clarifications / exclusions, or any significant pricing variances.
- Compare bids received to Precon Mgr.’s own budget and quantity take-offs.
- Design Process: Manage Basis of Design (BOD) and CD process on design build assignments.
- Manage “Buy-Out” process on hard bid requirements.
- Identify Long Lead items and coordinate with Subcontractors.
- Provide constructability reviews of drawings and coordinate input from Superintendent and others.
- Manage Permit Process.
- Ensure all Subcontracts are in place prior to turn over to PM.
- Schedule Project Kick-off Meeting to review project and turn over to PM and Superintendent.
- Address any conflicts between Construction and Preconstruction that might arise during course of construction.
- Audit project and Owner periodically to ensure that construction is in alignment with preconstruction exercise.
- Graduated from an accredited college program in Construction Management, Architectural or Engineering.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively increasing experience and responsibilities in commercial construction experience preferably on a diversified portfolio of projects with experience as dedicated Project Manager and/or Estimator.
- Preconstruction experience acquired through extensive Project Management experience combined with management of a preconstruction group.
- Strong estimating skillsets (ability to do own take-offs).
- Strong local Owner and subcontractor relationships.
- Experience working on projects in the Bay area.
- Extensive experience with tenant improvement projects is a prerequisite. Experience with Life Sciences, Data Centers, Building Infrastructure, and/or Healthcare/OSHPD would be a benefit.
- Thorough understanding of architectural, structural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fire life safety, and fire protection systems associated with construction activities.
The starting base pay for this position has a salary range of $130,000 to $170,000. * The actual salary offer will be carefully considered based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for health, disability, life, dental, vision along with retirement plans.
*Please note that the full base pay range for incumbent employees in this position can be expected to fall between $130,000 to $170,000. New hires joining TEAMWRKX tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay overtime based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company/industry-specific knowledge.