Note: this is a Sales/Business Development position, not a marketing position.
- Be involved in all aspects of the sales, project delivery and project close-out phases and not simply sales generation.
- Build and manage long-term relationships and partnerships with key and target clients.
- Assist in establishing quarterly and annual sales goals
- Work in conjunction with senior management and the other sales professionals to develop and implement a sales strategy for targeting potential clients as well as other professionals in the construction industry such as Real Estate Brokers, Project/Construction Managers, Architects, Engineers, Facility Managers and others in order to expand existing client relationships and develop new relationships.
- Work in collaboration with TXC’s Director of Marketing & Media Relations and other Sales staff, on the development of client presentation materials.
- Work in collaboration with TXC’s Director of Marketing & Media Relations and other Sales staff, to maintain metrics on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for items such as: total bid/proposal opportunities received; total bids/proposals submitted; total bids/proposals won vs lost; bids/proposals by area, client, service offering, and contract type; total negotiated vs bid projects won; etc.
- Coordinate Statements of Qualifications (SOQ’s), Request for Proposals (RFP’s), Marketing and presentation materials, etc. in coordination with others to advance and close the sale.
- Follow-up on new leads and referrals.
- Work with potential clients to identify the needs and objectives of their project(s) and communicate this information to TXC Operations’ staff to ensure the address of these issues in project responses.
- Work with TXC management to qualify new prospects.
- Mining of client information associated with project opportunities (i.e. identifying key client decision makers, implied needs for project, etc.) to assist Operations in responding to project opportunities.
- Utilize Operations’ personnel to participate in client meetings as part of the sales pursuit and to support operational selling.
- Participate in proposal team “Pitch” Preparations and coaching Operations’ personnel on presentation skill sets.
- Coordinate and be a resource to clients to ensure client satisfaction during the project delivery process;
- Coordinate with clients during project close-out and beyond to ensure client continued.
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Development (Construction industry related is preferred, but not required).
- Candidate must possess a strong “Book-of-Business” and extensive relationships with End Users, Real Estate Brokers, Project/Construction Managers, Architects, Engineers, Facility Managers and others in Northern California and specifically Silicon Valley.
- Construction knowledge/experience is a benefit.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong communication and personal skills.
- Strong commitment to “team” and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
The starting base pay for this position has a salary range of $180,000 to $300,000. * The actual salary offer will be carefully considered based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for health, disability, life, dental, vision along with retirement plans.
*Please note that the full base pay range for incumbent employees in this position can be expected to fall between $180,000 to $300,000. New hires joining TEAMWRKX tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay overtime based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company/industry-specific knowledge.