This job description reflects TEAMWRKX Construction’s assignment of essential functions but does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time for reasonable accommodations or any other reason.
- Support Project Management team in all phases of a construction project including sales, preconstruction / estimating / bidding, construction, and project close-out.
- Support the Project Management team on multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity.
- Work in conjunction with Owner, Design Team, Field staff, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Coordinators, and any other relevant parties, to ensure that all Request for Information (RFI), Submittals, Shop Drawings, Owner and Subcontractor Change Orders, Close-out Documents, and all other project documents are addressed expeditiously, accurately, and thoroughly.
- Exercise sound judgment related to day-to-day administration of projects.
- Mentor / manage Project Engineers and Project Coordinators/Administrators.
- Assist Project Management team in the management of risk on projects.
- Participate on preconstruction efforts on project opportunities.
- Assist with constructability reviews of drawings and specifications as well as any Owner provided documentation (e.g., Design Engineering Guidelines, Building Rules & Regulations, etc.
- Assist Project Management and Field teams in the development of preliminary construction schedules.
- Assist Project Managers in the development of Bid lists, Bid scopes, and management of the Bid and Proposal process.
- Assist Project Managers in the review of Subcontractor bids for any missing scope items, clarifications / exclusions, validation of pricing, etc.
- Assist Project Manager in the review of the prime contract and ensure any specific contractual conditions are included in Subcontract Bid documents.
- Participate in and take minutes for the weekly Owner-Architect-Contractor Meetings (OAC Meetings) led by Project Managers.
- Participate in and take minutes for the weekly Subcontractor Coordination Meetings led by Superintendents.
- Maintain project logs (RFI’s, Submittals, change Orders via Procore) in conjunction with Project Engineer and review with Project Managers on a weekly basis.
- Assist Project Managers with the review of weekly project labor and cost reports to ensure compliance with contract General Conditions and budgets for self-performed work.
- Assist Project Managers in preparing project cost forecasts for projects on an ongoing basis.
- Pursue and monitor submittals and track deliveries of materials in conjunction with the Project Engineer.
- Assist Project Managers with pricing, analyzing, validating, and processing Owner and Subcontractor change orders in a prompt manner.
- Assist Project Management teams with updating project schedules.
- Walk jobsites on a regular basis to become familiar with construction process; discuss project with Superintendents; and review quality of work installed all with the intent of becoming intimately familiar with project and as part of APM’s career development.
- Assist Project team in resolution of all critical issues, RFI’s, etc. that could affect cost or schedule. Provide documentation as necessary.
- Maintain close relations with Owners, Subcontractors, and Design Team members.
- Complete and implement project closeout checklist.
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with management of the Project Punch List.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of Owner billings in a timely manner.
- Assist Project Managers in issuing final subcontract change orders and final cost reconciliations.
- Prepare project closeout documents in conjunction with Project Engineer.
- Participate in post project review with team members.
- Assist Project Engineer with close-out of TEAMWRKX project files in archives.
- Graduated from an accredited college program in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of commercial construction experience, including at least 1 year as an APM.
- Some experience managing small projects would be a benefit.
- General understanding of architectural, structural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fire life safety, and fire protection systems associated with construction activities.
- General knowledge of estimating.
- Must comply with the company policy of having a current valid driver’s license and OSHA 30 Certification.
- Excellent time management skills. Organized. Detail oriented. Self-motivator and self-starter.
- Ability to professionally communicate with Owners, subcontractors, construction managers and others.
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written, and graphic form.
- Ability to read Architectural / Engineering Drawings and Specifications.
- Proficient with Procore, MS Project, and other MS Office applications.
The starting base pay for this position has a salary range of $110,000 to $140,000. * The actual salary offer will be carefully considered based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for health, disability, life, dental, vision along with retirement plans.
*Please note that the full base pay range for incumbent employees in this position can be expected to fall between $110,000 to $140,000. New hires joining TEAMWRKX tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay overtime based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company/industry-specific knowledge.